Carpets count as the most essential yet comfortable part of your home! You definitely invest a lot in it to provide the maximum comfort to your family members and excellent feature to your interiors. But, just as beautiful a carpet can make your home, it can also steal its beauty easily. How? Well, a little stain or a slight pale colour is enough to do the damage!
Carpet cleaning in Christchurch by Christchurch carpet cleaning services is your saviour to prevent your carpet from any decay or damage. It isn’t an easy task. It requires a lot of experience by their experts to deal with different issues in different types of carpets. Apart from this, a carpet needs frequent cleaning, especially on the area where there’s a lot of traffic in the carpets.
A list of the most difficult things about carpet!
A carpet can be really tricky to clean and maintain, and getting constant professional help isn’t possible on a daily basis. You should give it a daily attention from your part too by vacuuming it. But, still, there are certain tough issues that may happen with carpets even though you vacuum it daily. And only professionals can deal with these extreme problems. Read about such difficult things that can happen to your carpet!
- Wet carpet — A really tough situation to get yourself in is when your carpet gets drenched! If you try a lot of DIY techniques and get overwhelmed in trying those at home to clean your carpets, you’ll soon witness your carpets losing their life. This poses a huge challenge for you, as the machine won’t absorb more water than it’s capable of –and thus the carpet stays wet for longer. This eventually leads to various moulds and even soil formation on the carpet. Even detergent residue can lead to problems later.
- Ripping of carpets —Being too rough or too much vacuuming can often lead to ripping of the carpet. This is a serious issue — because forget of cleaning, you’ll have to replace the entire carpet now. To avoid this issue, ensure not to rub too vigorously however tough the stains are! Go for professional cleaning if you think you can’t deal with the issue on your own!
- Furniture stains — Furniture often stays on carpets for years. This makes it an entirely difficult task to clean the area wherein they stood on the floor. The stains of the same would be clearly visible now. You should try experts’ help when cleaning these areas thoroughly. And once these are dealt with, put a coating on the furniture leg to avoid such issues later.
- Carpet browning — This is something of which almost all home owners complain of! This is a brown shade appearance of the carpet due to carpet wicking. This carpet wicking is the by-product of carpet stains being embedded on the carpet fibres. And only an expert cleaner would recognise this issue with your carpet and treat it with a specialised procedure. This process involves cleaning these micro fibres by a special detergent and drying it quickly. If you are cleaning your carpets thoroughly regularly, then you won’t face this issue of carpet wicking and browning often.
- Carpet damage — Often while cleaning, you tend to use the vacuum in a certain area more than it was required. Or, you accidentally spill the cleaning beach on it. This damages the carpet very badly. Such an issue can be caused if you are too clumsy at the time of your cleaning or aren’t aware of its proper method. Or even a vacuum cleaning that is of high voltage or not suitable for your delicate carpet can be the reason for the same. Whatever the reason may be, the damage is done now which can only be treated with a replacement of the carpet.
- Carpet shrinking— Carpet shrinking often happens by overheating or using too much water during your cleaning process. These inaccurate cleaning methods would damage your carpet’s natural fibres making it shrink considerably. You can avoid this by ensuring that a professional carpet cleaner (who understands your issues and know how to deal with it) treats it accordingly.
Apart from this, if you are too experimental in your carpet cleaning task, you can even fade its colour, make it fluff and shed, split in the corners and even tear at certain places. The best way to ignore all these issues is to choose a good, experienced carpet cleaning company and ensure your carpet stays beautiful for years to come!