With countries all over the world having a rapidly increasing statistics of vehicles per capita, it’s quite safe to say that in this age, most people own a car or two, and own a home with a garage to safe keep their beauty on wheels. But, having a garage and having a cold, sterile space – these are two completely different things. For most years, the garage was considered to be a separate entity in homes. It used to be the space that housed vehicles and excess household items and yard tools which weren’t welcome in the main household. There were no thoughts regarding the aesthetic and style factor when it came to a garage, and it ranked quite low in this arena of homeowner’s concern.
However, today, homeowners have had enough of boring garage spaces. Garages were a space that was best described as grey, dirty and devoid of character. But not anymore! Over the last decade, the mind-set of the home owners has changed regarding their garages. They are interested in sprucing up their old garages more than ever now. And the quickest way to get that cold, dull garage all livened up and warm is to add a touch of carpet flooring. That’s precisely why families are increasingly choosing an affordable garage carpet from Unreal Lawns for their garage. This Hamilton-based company provides the best quality artificial grass installations and garage carpeting, and is one of the most reliable options in this arena.
Real benefits of carpeting your garage:
Well, if you have not heard of the thing called garage carpet until now, well it’s a blessing in disguise. It is a carpet that is especially designed for your garages, and is made up of high-quality synthetic fibres. This makes it extremely durable and resistant to wear and tear. It also keeps moisture at bay. There are numerous ways in which adding a carpet to your garage shall be beneficial to you. It could actually turn your garage into a well-welcoming extension of the house, instead of being the room which mostly remains closed. So, let us take a look at all the impactful ways your garage carpet improves the look and functionality of your garage:
- Simply looks nicer: Well, anything looks better than a drab, cracked, and crumbling concrete garage floor, right? You could try your own hand at DIY — but most of them fail to produce the optimal look. A true transformation of your garage space starts with the floor, and there is no better option than the carpet. You could choose to go the colourful way which injects character into the room and makes it look inviting. It will deliver a long-lasting comfort and an enhanced aesthetics quotient.
- Place of warmth: Adding a carpet to the floor makes your garage a whole lot warmer. You wouldn’t have to worry about stepping on cold, clammy concrete floor again. With such a level of comfort underfoot, you could multi-purpose your garage into your kid’s playroom, laundry room and even your home gym. You wouldn’t have to worry about your kids spilling things and the consequent clean-up, making it perfect for your fur babies a.k.a. pets too.
- Easy to clean: Well, needless to say, keeping a clean home is a big task. However, carpet flooring saves you a lot of trouble when it comes to getting your garage cleaned. This flooring is super easy to maintain, easily vacuumed and extremely durable. It’s as easy as running the vacuum cleaner over it to make the carpet clean, and look new as ever.
- Waterproof: Your garage carpet is absolutely waterproof. This implies that any water which spills on it gets evaporated and won’t rot your carpet or have it stinking for hours. This keeps it a dry area and provides great insulation for the garage, especially in the winter.
- Safe: We all know the risks and worries of having children or the elderly in the house, and their relation to slips and falls. Most of us have ourselves or known somebody to have slipped on a wet garage floor while getting out of a car. Well, not anymore! Your garage carpeting keeps it all dry and reduces dangerously slippery patches.
So, these were the different ways in which your busy garage space benefits from having its floor surface carpeted. Your garage can now be used more like a multipurpose space and utilized better for a greater return on your investment. So, garage carpets are definitely a worthwhile addition, and need to be installed in your garage ASAP.